Superman is an NBC television series that acted as a spin-off to The Batman, another NBC TV series taking place in the same universe. Superman takes place after the events of the The Batman series finale. In the series, Clark Kent is a reporter at the Daily Planet, a daily newspaper business. However, Clark is secretly an alien and fights crime as Superman, with the support of co-workers Lois Lane, his girlfriend, and Jimmy Olsen, his best friend. The series aired for two seasons on Mondays before concluding.
Clark Kent was born an alien from the doomed planet Krypton. He was the only survivor and was raised on Earth under the adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent. He has extraordinary powers including; flight, super-strength, super-speed, x-ray vision, heat vision, super-hearing, freeze breath, and invulnerability. As Clark Kent, he works at the Daily Planet under the constant supervision of new chief editor, Katherine Grant, an associate of Kent's. However, when crime pops up, Clark gets on a blue, red, and yellow suit and uses his powers to fight crime.
- Tyler Hoechlin as Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman
- Erica Durance as Lois Lane
- Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Alessandro Juliani as Dr. Emil Hamilton
- David Harewood as Hank Henshaw
- Italia Ricci as Siobhan Smythe/Silver Banshee (starring, seasons 1 and 21)
- Sam Jones III as Pete Ross (starring, season 1; special guest star, season 2)
- Matt Lanter as Dr. David Conner (season 1)
- Kristin Kreuk as Lana Lang-Ross
- Jenna Dewan Tatum as Lucy Lane (starring, season 1; guest star, seasons 2 and 3)
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor (season 1)
- Calista Flockhart as Katherine Grant
- Yvonne Strahovski as Katherine Kane/Batwoman (Season 2)
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood/Citizen Steel (starring, season 2; recurring, season 1)
- Melissa Benoist as Kara Kent/Supergirl (starring, season 2; recurring, season 1)
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Mari McCabe/Vixen (season 2)
- Chris Wood as Lar Gand/Mon-El (season 2)
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (guest, season 1; starring, season 2)
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman (guest, starring; starring, season 2)
1: Ricci was listed as starring for the first two episodes before her character was killed and dropped from the main cast.